A FAMILY GROUNDED AND UNIFIED BY CULTURAL DIVERSITY!

The Hermyzoo is so EXCITED to be adding TWO. And, now our journey begins....

Thursday, February 18, 2010

VIDEO of our kids!


A wonderful person (KARA)I have gotten to know and love, asked her AMAZING husband to take some picture of our family over to Ghana to our kids and they video taped it for us. They warned me that our kids were really shy and quiet when they sent it to me. I really couldn't have imagined them any different to be honest with you. I can't imagine what must have been going through their minds seeing pictures of us and trying to make sense of it all. Not to mention it possibly being their first time in a living room with a couch and make shift t.v. and white people all around. This video is very special to me. Up until this point we had two pictures of Sarah(that were very different from each other. At first I questioned whether she was the same girl). We've always had a lot more info and pictures of Kingsley, which has been really enjoyable. In this video I was able to see MY Sarah for really the first time, her precious personality, her adorable smile. WOW it was touching. I just wanted to reach out and huge her. It was so great to hear her voice and see how she reacted to seeing our family and knowing she will have 3 sisters and 2 brothers. Kingsley was quiet but just as precious and sweet. This is something I will always treasure. Thank you so much Bill and Thomas for taking the time to do this for our family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TBXg8Kt-V0

5 comments:

  1. Oh Tanya, they are just amazing! That was incredible. You can tell the situation is uncomfortable, like you posted, but you can just feel their sweet spirits and the few little smiles kind of gives you a glimpse of the real personalities under the awkardness of the situation. How amazing. They will be so wonderful, we're so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Tanya. Such precious kids. This is an amazing journey, and I wish I could be there more for you. One day soon you will understand :) Hang in there, it won't be long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's so great that you guys got to receive this! It makes it so real to see them. I'm sure it's going to be hard for them to leave their friends they have there but I hope the know how much they'll be loved when you all finally get to be together. I wonder if they understand why it takes so long?

    Good luck to you guys on the whole process! Can't wait to see that first family picture of you guys all together. You know....I bet Casey could Photoshop something together until then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you watched it like a million times by now? :) What beautiful, sweet children. I'm so happy for you guys! I hope I get to meet them both when I'm there.

    ReplyDelete