A FAMILY GROUNDED AND UNIFIED BY CULTURAL DIVERSITY!

The Hermyzoo is so EXCITED to be adding TWO. And, now our journey begins....

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I SAW WHAT I SAW!

I watched this for the first time today on a friends blog(thanks Lois) and was in tears. I was touched deeply. Yes, this song was written for somewhat of a different meaning/purpose. However I have never had a problem applying anything to my own life.

You will LOVE this amazing song:



I am going to write how each part touched me!

I saw what I saw and I can't forget it(The day I saw my Ghanaian Kids faces in pictures!)
I heard what I heard and I can't go back(The day I heard your voices on the phone say "YES", when we asked in you would like to join our family)
I know what I know and I can't deny it.(That you are a part of our family forever)

Something on the road(Journey of adoption)
Cut me to the soul(Cut me to the soul)

Your pain has changed me(Knowing all the hard work you have to do with hunger pains)
Your dream inspires(because they are things that most of us take for granted)
Your face a memory(Is with me everyday)
Your hope a fire(Shown in your smile)
Your courage asks me what I'm afraid of(not holding you one day)
And what I know of love(it's a gift, a blessing)

We've done what we've done and we can't erase it(we've started our adoption journey and there is no end until your home.)
We are what we are and it's more than enough( a family)
We have what we have but it's no substitution(we need you home, we aren't complete)

Something on the road
Cut me to the soul

Your pain has changed me(knowing you eat very little)
Your dream inspires(your love to learn)
Your face a memory(always with me)
Your hope a fire(gets me through my long days)
Your courage asks me what I'm made of
And what I know of love(My love is unconditional)

I say what I say with no hesitation(I love you!)
I have what I have and I'm giving it up(To God to make happen)
I do what I do with deep conviction(Adopt)

Something on the road, cut me to the soul(making a lasting impression)

Your pain has changed me
Ooohhh...
Your dreams inspire
Ooohhh...
Your face a memory
Ooohhh...
Your hope a fire
Ooohhh...

Your pain has changed me(I look forward to the day I can give you 3 meals)
Your dream inspires(my dream is to hold you)
Your face a memory(one I hope to see on a daily basis)
Your hope a fire(a fire I can't wait to feel when I get to hold you)
Your courage asks me what I am afraid of(all the waiting)
Your courage asks me what I am made of(love, strength and determination)
Your courage asks me what I am afraid of(more waiting)
And what I know of God,(He's directed me to me kids)
And what I know of God.(our kids in Ghana are part of is His eternal plan for us)

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love what you pulled out of that song. *HUG*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bawl every time I watch this and listen to the song. We all have a responsibility once we've "seen" it to help these children....and
    this song also helps me to remember how blessed I am...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Tanya! Thanks for sharing your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Tanya. The reason I love this song is because it touches each of us according to our circumstance. I can't wait to hear how you feel after you get your sweethearts home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you took the time to write it all down! Like Lois says, my perspective and how it touched my heart was totally different. But the song is powerful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete