A FAMILY GROUNDED AND UNIFIED BY CULTURAL DIVERSITY!

The Hermyzoo is so EXCITED to be adding TWO. And, now our journey begins....

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Called our kids in Ghana!

I have to admit I was so nervous to call our kids in Ghana. However I have been really hoping to get some pictures and it just hasn't worked out so instead the opportunity to call our kids was presented and how could I say no. But I didn't know how much they knew about us, or if they had seen a picture, or how confusing it could be for us to call them. So I prayed, and prayed to find peace and comfort and that our kids would be blessed with the same. It was so "SWEET" to hear their little voices and their accents. Not much was said or needed to be after our first question. They asked us, "how are you". We replied, "good". And then asked Sarah and then Kingsley, "If they would like to join our family". To hear them say, "oh, YES"! Was AMAZING, so real and emotional. I lost it, I was bawling. My mind was spinning. We had the phone on speaker so our kids could listen, we also passed it around to say who they were and whatever they wanted to say. It was a HAPPY DAY! That night I wished we had talked longer, asked more questions, but I just couldn't think past them wanting to join our family and I guess that's the most important after all, right?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't checked my blogs for a while and I totally didn't know that you were adopting two more children. How exciting. It is so neat to hear of other people generosity. Good luck in the future. How neat to talk to them on the phone. Do you get to go pick them up? How did you get in contact with them? I didn't know you were on facebook. I'll have to look for you! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete