A FAMILY GROUNDED AND UNIFIED BY CULTURAL DIVERSITY!

The Hermyzoo is so EXCITED to be adding TWO. And, now our journey begins....

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We have some exciting news to share!!!!

WE HAVE SOME NEWS!! The Hermansen Family is adopting again! We are super excited to be going through the process again and look forward to adding to our family. We are working with an AMAZING orphanage in Ghana, Africa named Luckyhill.

For those that are familiar with adoption or those that have adopted, you’re probably very aware of all the fundraising that goes into it to help offset some of the costs involved. For our fundraising efforts I have find it very hard to ask for donations without you getting something in return. So we have come up with an idea that is a little different in hopes that everyone will be able to benefit. With Christmas only being 5 ½ weeks away, it is our goal to get this up and running by this Monday, Nov 23rd!

Do you have a special talent such as (ie. Hair bows, hand bags, purses, jewelry, home décor, candles, etc...) or a special service (ie. Photography, babysitting, cooking, Christmas lights etc..) Would you like to offer your talent or service in exchange for a donation that would go towards our fundraising efforts? If so, please list your service/talent, quantity of donation, donation value, with a direct link to your blog, or facebook acct. If you do not have a blog or fb account please send me a detailed description and I will advertise it on my blog and fb account and will list your contact info.
Here’s how we would like the process to work: 1. Buyers will contact you to guarantee service or product and quantity 2. The buyer will then make a donation by Pay Pal(casey.hermansen@gmail.com), Check (payable to Luckyhill-the orphanage in Ghana) or Cash and they will list who they are buying from, and quantity(send to Hermansen residence. 882 E. 100 S. Declo, Id 83323). We will contact you, confirming the donation has been made and your services or goods can be rendered.

Are you someone that is looking for a service or goods and don’t see it. Please post what you are looking for and we will see if we can link you together with someone that can provide it!

Hopefully this will be a win/win for everyone involved! We understand that times are tight for people financially, so we are super grateful for any help or support that you can lend! Thank you so much. Love The Hermansen Family

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Casey and family! As an adoptive mother I totally understand the excitment and undertaking that goes along with adoption. I am very excited for your family!!!! It seems as though we have a lot in common as we have adopted all 4 of our children and our family is multi-cultural as well. We have a son who is African American. All of our adoptions have been domestic. Anyways, I would love to donate my photography services if someone is interested or is in the Seattle, Washington area and could utilize my services. My session fee for a family of 4 is $150 and $25 for each additional person beyond the 4. My session includes my time for the session and editing of 20-25 images from the session. Prints and digital images are an additional cost but I would like to donate the digital images from the session which is a $150 value. The total value would be $300 for a family of 4 including digital images from the session. You can refer people to my website and blog at www.danielleweathersphotography.com. Good luck with everything and I look forward to hearing how everything turns out.

    Sincerely,
    Danielle Weathers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing family you guys are! I would love to be able to help out in the adoption process. I know Casey does some design work but I would be willing to donate some of my time in that arena.

    I will donate the first 5 hours of any design work for as many clients as are interested. This could be christmas cards, business cards, posters, flyers, static websites, photo restoration, logos...you name it! This is a $100 value. In this case, the printing would be the clients responsibility, but I would assist in finding a good printing source. My website is http://www.weedop.com/ .

    Hopefully you can find some takers and we can get some money in the bank for this wonderful adoption!

    ReplyDelete